I was rather floored by the response to my cursory interest post. So now it’s time to release one some actual details in an official post:
WHAT IT IS: I’m obsessed with this show, and I know other folks are, too. I just want to connect professional and aspiring fantasy illustrators with a common interest by printing a book of fan art celebrating Game of Thrones.
I am looking to have a list of 100 artists. I have a number of professional peers confirmed already, but the deadlines are far away, and it’s hard to say what’ll happen! With 100 artists - even if if half drop out - there will still be enough content for a book.
- WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR: Composed illustrations. You need to fill a finished page and tell a story. If you have a particularly good sample, please point it out.
- HOW TO APPLY: Please send me a gallery or blog link or samples through my e-mail (gracepfongATgmailDOTcom). Do NOT start drawing without approval, expecting it to go into the book!
- REQUIREMENTS: All pieces must be new for the book and not posted online until the Kickstarter begins. Must reflect book or show canon. Must be SFW.
- TIMELINE: Deadline for Application is July 7, 2014. Accepted Applicants notified by July 31. Thumbnails due August 31. Sketches due October 31. Final pieces due December 31. Kickstarter will run from March 1-31, 2015 (in time for Season 5!). Product should be shipped by the end of Season 5.
- COMPENSATION: You will receive a free copy of the book and a flat fee (TBD). There may be a chance of additional exposure. Amateur applicants can also receive critique to help them with the illustration process. You and a guest will also receive an invite to my next Game of Thrones Feast (in Los Angeles, CA), but you have to provide your own transportation and housing. Any extra profit will be given to charity (TBD).
- Note, if the project receives a cease-and-desist from the owners of Game of Thrones, the project will be canned without compensation for anyone…. :(
ABOUT ME: I am a programmer and illustrator from Los Angeles, California. I’ve successfully crowd-funded two art books (and contributed/consulted on a few more), and after two years of doing nothing, I wanted to try something bigger. I just really like this show. As project manager, I will handle deadline planning, graphic designing, campaign funding, and product disbursement, so all you have to do is e-mail me a file!
So yeah, that’s about it! Send me your samples (gracepfongATgmailDOTcom).
If you know any artists who might be interested, please re-blog this opportunity for them. Thanks!
BANNER ART CREDITS: Coyfish, Fictograph, Jax Jocson, Zimmay, Dana Guerrieri. ((All these artists are confirmed for the book.))